Blog Angels is constantly evolving as a project and with 100 people to sign up this round was the most successful yet. With more than 87% of people actively taking part, it is bittersweet. I'm celebrating the 87 of you who have thrown your heart and soul into the scheme....and slightly disappointed that some of you won't have had any help from the 13 people who dropped out without saying anything. For those who couldn't see the whole thing through and let me know, thank you! I was able to sort out back-up Angels and hopefully keep the scheme going. I'm not sure we'll ever have 100% success; however I will keep aiming for it!
So with the half way 'reveal' post going live here, the Blog Angels have been busy getting to know each other. I hope that some of you are now firm bloggy friends. I've had some sweet emails from people who appear to have new 'besties' for life, so I'm glad that some of my match-making worked!
The time has now come to fill us all in on what you have been doing over the last 14 days. Here are some questions you might want to consider while you write your posts.
1. How has your relationship with your blogger and Blog Angel developed since the reveal?
2. How have your helped them out and what help have you received?
3. What have you learnt about your blogger since the reveal?
4. What plans have you to stay in touch in the future?
Please only link up a Round Up post below. If you want to be a December Blog Angel, read further down in the post after the linky party - we are holding our first ULTIMATE edition.
On 15th November you can sign up to be a December Blog Angel. I wanted to make the scheme a bit simpler for everyone over the busy festive period, while seeing if I could really unite 200 plus people in the completely selfless act of giving without receiving help in return. Ambitious right? A little bit, but then I know that with your support this project can work. Regular Blog Angels will return in February as usual.
These are the December rules!
1. Find a blog you want to help in secret - this could be new to you or an existing blogger in need of a boost. Try and give the URL of a reserve blog to help in case your first choice is in hot demand.
2. Fill in the form (on the blog from 10th November!)
3. Wait for an email before 30th November confirming you can help that person. I will make sure that everyone isn't trying to assist the same person.
4. Help them with their blog in secret for one month, commiting to commenting a minimum of twice a week. See more advice on what else you can do here.
5. Link up a post summarising what help you have given throughout the first two weeks. (15th December)
6. Link up a reveal post on 30th December and contact your blog to let them know you've been their festive buddy for the month.
So there are some pretty important changes. I hope you like the idea and will help me reach my 2012 target of 200 participants. If you would like to have the sign-up form on your blog on 10th November, email me, or Tweet me and I will send you the HTML. The more the merrier!