I've been in Germany this last week and there have been LOTS of highlights. Within 7 days the temperature went from a freak for autumn 22 degrees all of the way to 1 degree and snow! We started with some gorgeous weather while visiting the Edersee area of Germany. We went on a tree top walk through a forest and then had coffee in my favourite castle in the world.....and not just because of THAT view of because I got to climb the cannons again...
Do any of you regular readers remember the post where I featured this castle before?*
From there we went to the site of a village which was destroyed to expand the lake. I did me some scrambling up rocks and stone throwing while the sun went down. I was meant to be skimming stones, but had my usual success!
We kicked around Mannheim for the second half of the week...but went on a day-trip on Saturday to Baden Baden where I had some 'Flame cake'. Or a kinda German pizza thing to all of my foodie readers. It's a very thin pizza dough, with Swiss cheese (like a creamy kind), ham and leek. Yum! Just what you need to help wash down a delicious Rieslingshorle (white wine spritzer). Baden-Baden has two special Spa baths, one looked extremely interesting, but involved lots of voluntary public nudity and the other looked relaxing, clothed, but I forgot to pack my swimmers. We drank some of the local 'mineral' water straight from the source. If you can imagine warm, salted pasta water you'd probably have a nicer time with it! As you can see from the picture, we picked the BEST weather for a trip out. Apparently it was all of my Christmas shopping which made winter come along early.
So, I finished my Christmas shopping (and wrapping!) for Andi's folks. It culminated in me making this necklace and bracelet for his mum. Finally...some crafting! If you want a tutorial, comment below and I''ll make my mum one too.
I also did quite a lot of bloggy bits this week:
- This Wednesday, Blog Angels - the final October link-up, is ready to go live. I can't wait to see what everyone has been up to!
- I decided on the rules for Blog Angels the Christmas edition so I could find a way to involve even more people. Sign up is earlier from 10th November, but you can check out the new ideas on my Blog Angels page now. You can also take the new wintry Blog Angels button from my sidebar.
- I have been getting everything ready for my massive 500 Follower giveaway on 5th November. There will be 45 prizes! FORTY-FIVE!
- I joined in the Resolutions in Motion scheme and have set myself a goal to get my Facebook page up and organised (more on that later!) I will be posting all about this on 6th November.
- I set up my Facebook page and designed my Facebook Follow Fest button! I am looking for a whole bunch of co-hosts. If you want to co-host the party, all you need to commit to is 'liking' the pages of everyone who signs up and putting the post up between 9th-11th November (yes this IS during Blog Angels sign-up so traffic should increase!)
So I have set myself the challenge of reaching 100 'Likes' of my Facebook page by 17th December. Can you start me off now? Click on the link below.
And there was me thinking that I had a really quiet week away from the blog! So don't forget to pop back over the next couple of weeks. It appears that it is going to be another huge month of building community and links with other people. Hope to see you around, and remember if you fancy co-hosting the Facebook Follow Fest, just tell me before the 7th November.
P.S. *the castle post...well that was here!